Wednesday, December 30, 2009



It's 4 PM on Wednesday, December 30th. I'm at the office finishing up. Joanne is off running some errands. And, once again, I am starving. I had a decent breakfast. Started with coffee (exception 1), coconut milk (exception 2) in my coffee, and half a big cherimoya. I stirfried onion and napa cabbage in coconut oil (ex...ecption 2, like I said) and threw in some freshly steamed brown rice (exception 3). Decent, right? Huge, by some standards. Joanne and I (mostly Joanne this time) made giganto salads for lunch (pic) with more brown rice on top. By 1:30 PM I had consumed the entire salad. And now my stomach is growling. Within 10 feet of me are high-quality and delicious protein bars and powdered meal replacement shakes. But, I'm a hardcore locavore on day 364 of Eat Local One Year. I wanted to tell you this so that you would know, that there have been many times and days in 2009 when I have not planned well and found myself hungry and with not a scrap of local food in sight. No complaint here. Just a great year-long, life-awakening choice! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment