Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Ornish Spectrum


Dr. Ornish and Dr. Young
DeanOrnish, MD @DeanOrnishMD and I tweeted back and forth today, and he asked me, “How do you usually respond to stressors?”

This is my response to Dr. Ornish, that I also wish to share with you;

The simple answer is that I try to stack the deck to give me, others, and our world the reserves, the resiliency, and the connections to enable us to roll with change.

In my imperfectness, I TRY to get enough sleep, breathe deeply, practice yoga, raise organic vegetables, drink fresh green vegetable juice, eat unAmericanly large servings of green vegetables each day, walk daily, tell others directly of my love for them, hug, wear a peace symbol, show obvious care, see and feel the magnitude of pain and suffering in the world, experience hope, welcome the tears that so often come to my eyes, express gratitude for all that offer me their love. I’m just TRYING.

Knowing of individuals like you, Dr. Ornish, influences my experience of stress. Your rational and loving guidance in our world, is calming and uplifting. What you are doing, interests me enough that I am looking into training to become a certified provider for your program, The Ornish Spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment