Tuesday, September 26, 2017

YELP !!! My Reviews Have Been Locked Up

Yelp, in my vocabulary, has always meant a sharp cry or bark, usually arising from an animal or human, startled or hurt.Today, in this writing, I use the word both in its common meaning as I have known it throughout my life, and in the more modern usage, referring to an online website dedicated first to reviews of restaurants, and now to reviews of all manner of businesses, including chiropractic and Functional Medicine.

Like many business owners, I yelped when I found out that Yelp was using a computer algorithm to try to determine whether a review was legit or not, that was defective. In my case, to date, Yelp's defective algorithm has resulted in 7 of my 46 reviews being visible, and 39 not. Each of the 39 were written by my patients. Yelp's computer doesn't think so, and Yelp has no plan nor interest in confirming the legitimacy of these reviews.

Below is an example of one of the "39 other reviews that are not currently recommended" by Yelp.

"4/12/2017 Updated review
For years Kris and JoAnn gently suggested that I go off of dairy, I knew I had no problems with it so I kept on putting milk in my coffee and I ate some cheese. I really didn't think I was eating that many dairy products.
In December of 2016, I decided to take their suggestion, what could it hurt, and if it worked, hurray.
The results were amazing, inflammation started to go away with in a few weeks. I had pain in my hip and foot, it's the start of arthritis; that went mostly away, I have acid reflux that now isn't nearly as bad as it was, I started to get bronchitis which can knock me out for a month..this time I was sick for only a few days. The biggest change with my new dairy free life was when I went up to altitude in Colorado, I've had problems going above 5000 ft for about 13 years...I always take oxygen with me, this time when I went up to 6200 ft, nothing happened, I was fine,  I decided to push my luck and drive up to 9000 ft...no problems.
I credit the change in my health to now being dairy free. My husband was so amazed at the results he saw in me that he has gone off of dairy as well.
I'm now going gluten free as well, per their recommendation.
Thank you Kris & JoAnn, I do wish I had taken your suggestion sooner."

Thank goodness Yelp is not the only game on the Internet. Google reviews are much more functional!

No comments:

Post a Comment