Friday, December 2, 2011

Dr Mehmet Oz and I Are Almost Friends

Oz, you know, Oprah's doctor.

I learned yesterday that filming would take place today at Dr. Oz's studio, for a future segment on "food as medicine". Oz recruited four doctors for the show; David Perlmutter, MD, Wendy Warner, MD, Mark Hyman, MD, and Susan Blum, MD (left to right in photo).

The theme "food as medicine" is powerful and still not understood by our culture. To the degree that we begin to learn and practice using our food to heal us, we will individually and as a nation be healthier, and we will spend less on disease.

These doctors that Oz has brought together are brilliant and inspiring leaders! First, I encourage you to watch this program on The Dr. Oz Show, and second, choose one of these doctors to follow and learn from. I assure you, you will learn a lot, and will be healthier and happier for it.

So ... , I say that Oz and I are almost friends, because Perlmutter, Hyman and Blum are all friends of mine. Through attendance for years at the annual International Symposium on Functional Medicine, I have come to know them, and greatly appreciate them. I figure it is just a matter of time before I meet Memhet.

Maybe, right now, Dr. Oz and his team are looking for a Functional Medicine Chiropractor to have on the show. I'm busy, but I could make the time. And maybe, David, Mark and Susan will put in a good word for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment